The Equipment Lending Library is an exclusive benefit for members of MASH. It’s only $25 to become a member for two years and easy to join. Watch this video for a complete introduction to the equipment we have available and the backstory behind the project and our policies.
M.A.S.H. LENDING LIBRARY BORROWING POLICIES
Fees and charges:
- All items have a one week (7 day) borrowing period;
- A late fee of $5/day will apply unless arrangements are made;
- $50 damage deposit (fully refundable);
- $20 cleaning fee if equipment is returned without cleaning first;
- per day rental fee varies by equipment.
The borrower must:
- be a member of MASH.
- live in our service area – Gitanyow to Telkwa.
- have participated in a food preserving class for the equipment being borrowed (this requirement can be waived with proof of know-how)
- be 16 years or older to borrow equipment.
- equipment must be returned in good condition and properly cleaned.
- cover the full cost of repair or replacement of any borrowed equipment that is damaged or missing
- proper safety training of anyone using the borrowed equipment in accordance with manufacturer instructions
- ensuring borrowed equipment does not leave the operating area of MASH – Gitanyow to Telkwa.
- payment of the estimated rental fees up front (see table below); further charges or refunds will be calculated when the equipment is returned.
Products & Rates
Bernardin Boiling Water Bath canning pot (with rack and lid; 21 quart capacity)
Commercial size vacuum sealer (with nitrogen purge)
See info sheet for details
Apple corer and peeler – makes short work of home made apple pie!
Canning Tool Kit – jar funnel, bubble remover and head space gauge, magnetic lid lifter, jar lifter, home canning how to’s DVD
Soap Making Molds – all shapes and sizes including 34 molds for individual squares that say 100% handmade.
Portable Toilets (set of 6 – buckets, lids, seat, box and signs)
Jack Lalanne’s Power Juicer Elite (Tristar)