Making Agriculture Sustainable
in the Hazeltons
We are a registered non-profit society operating mainly in the Hazeltons since 2017, with service on demand for surrounding communities. Our passion is food security and supporting local farmers to succeed in a changing market and a changing climate. Capacity-building, networking and delivering fun, safe events are what we do best.
Apple Pressing Services are available every year from August to mid October, corresponding with the ripening times of different apple varieties. We partner with local groups and individuals to add on Bear Smart education and Apple Gleaning to assist those who cannot pick the fruit from their trees.
Live Music and Art
When conditions are right, we offer single or multi-day events that celebrate community, music, art and local food with a few workshops thrown in related to homesteading and organizational development.
FAN recently merged with MASH to become our food security arm. All proceedings from conferences delivered in 2017, 2018 and 2019 are housed on this website. We maintain a Facebook page for FAN and continue to nurture those relationships as resources allow.
Farmer Supports with a Permaculture Focus
Become a Member
Donate a minimum of $10 to become a member.
As a non-profit organization, MASH depends on your support to keep our tractor running.
Membership renews annually and includes the following benefits:
- 10% discount on all ticketed events
- first hour free for apple pressing at community events
- Exclusive access to our Equipment Lending Library
- 10% discount on all MASH merchandise
- Voting rights and qualification to be on the Board of Directors
- Annual newsletter delivered to your inbox if we have your email address
- Lifetime members never have to renew their membership
- Buy memberships through Eventbrite or etransfer to us directly using our autodeposit system so we get 100% of your donation.